Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?

Universities play an important role in providing graduate valuable skills. Whether they should provide access to knowledge or equip graduates with skills needed in the work is a debatable issue. I think that graduates should be taught the skills they need to employ at their workplace in unversity.

There are numerous reasons why I believe this. Firstly, the traditional purpose of universities is to produce able graduates who can then go on to join the work force. By only providing information they deviate from this. Secondly, by teaching those skills which are needed in a job they provide the students with more experience. As a result of this when the graduates start working they have some experience rather than being a complete fresher. For instance, if a student is studying the subject business management and he is given some practical experience in the field he would develop some skills which he could then apply to his job. However, if he were only given access to the theoretical information he would find it much more difficult to implement his knowledge in his job. This is where universities play an important role .

Thirdly, nowadays graduate training schemes are quite common in companies. The aim of these programmes is to bridge the gap for students who have only obtained knowledge about the field they are working in through their degree and help them learn the skills which they would need to satisfactorily carry out their job. This could be eliminated by making universities teach these vital skills. The main function of a university should be to develop well rounded individuals who can become productive members of society.

In conclusion, I would say that any individual with the thirst for knowledge can access information on any subject. However, it is the role and function of the university to impart those skills needed for the graduate to be successful at his job.

Sentence: I think that graduates should be taught the skills they need to employ at their workplace in unversity.
Error: unversity Suggestion: university

The example in the second paragraph is like duplicated content.

you also need to argue another opinion: 'university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer'