Someone claim that public transport should be free of charge and others disagree Discuss both views and give your opinion

Someone claim that public transport should be free of charge and others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Since the number of private car owners has increased rapidly, most people have switched to use private cars and ignored the public transportation. Some people assert that if the government provides free public transportation to citizens, it will increase the number of passengers significantly and will bring many benefits to a society. However, some argue with this idea because exempting transplant fares can lead to many drawbacks to the service and the city. Both of these views will be discussed carefully.

On the one hand, free public transport holds many advantages. First and foremost, it will increase the accessibility of public transportation significantly. Without the cost of the public transportation, buses and subways will attract tons of passengers. Everyone in a country will be able to use them without worrying about the prices. Secondly, free public transportation has positive effects on the environment. With no charge, many citizens are more willing to take trains or buses, as a result it can lead to decrease a number of private car users significantly. The total of toxic gas from private vehicles will be minimized and the quality of air will improve, consequently.

On the other hand, there are many drawbacks of this policy. Firstly, with no longer charge for buses, the government has to subsidize the public transportation which is enormous expenditure. Maintaining public transport services requires a large of money on gas petrol, electricity and many employees, which the city cannot afford that. If the state had to subsidize to public transport fare, it would be very difficult to supply other necessary facilities such as health services and infrastructures. Secondly, it will be very hard to monitor the quality of transport services due to a large number of passengers. Consequently, trains and buses will be crowded and dirty which makes the carriages uncomfortable.

In conclusion, even though free public transportation has a huge privilege to citizens and alleviates environment problems in a country, it also has many negative effects to the state. Personally, I do not agree with free bus fee because public transportation will become inconvenience, eventually.

which is enormous expenditure.
which is an enormous expenditure.