Television cannot replace the book as a learning tool which is why children also less well educated today To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement

Television cannot replace the book as a learning tool, which is why children also less well educated today.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

The effective way of learning in children is always a controversial topic in a society. Some claim that children in these days have poor education because watching television still cannot be able to replace reading books in term of a learning strategy. Personally, I agree only a certain part of this belief for a couple of reasons.

To begin with, it is certainly true that viewing television cannot be compared to the traditional learning method- reading a book. Although television provides both visual and audio input to learners, this learning style prevents them from boosting their imagination. Unlike the reading measure, books offer only a set of words, describing and explaining all information and leaving the visual task for readers to complete in their mind. Improving creativity and imagination is a crucial skill in children, thus reading a book should be a mandatory learning measure for kids, which is irreplaceable by experiencing through TV screens.

However, the role of television and the internet is also beneficial, encouraging children to engage in self learning habits. This is because, watching television programs can increase children's curiosity, leading them to looking for further details by reading more printed books or e-books simultaneously. The accessibility in electronic devices assimilated with the classic material like printed books, promotes children to digest more useful information. As a result, children have become very knowledgeable than children in the past.

In conclusion, it is obviously that comparing these two methods is not the case. The value of reading a book and watching TV channels cannot be comparable as they carry different learning styles. Moreover, in imaginative improvement, reading a book outweighs watching television significantly. Lastly, the youths these days is not less educated as well, whereas they are very knowledgeable from self-development skills, promoting by various sources of materials.

watching television still cannot be able to replace reading books
watching television still is not able to replace reading books

the youths these days is not less educated
the youths these days are not less educated