Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries.Do you think the educational benefits of testing outweigh any disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer, and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experie

Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries.
Do you think the educational benefits of testing outweigh any disadvantages?

Give reasons for your answer, and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

As every process concludes with any results, education has to have a result as well for each person. For revealing a result of teaching system we should use some assessment methods such as examinations or tests. Tests and exams are the main parts in education system all over the world. In this essay, I shall show pros and cons of having assessment in educational institutes.

First of all, tests and exams give an opportunity to understand how successful the teaching method used by teacher was. A low result gained by the majority of pupils show the wrong teaching system. In this case, teachers can take it into consideration and improve it.

Secondly, from the students’ side I could say that frequent exams make them feel stressful. Though students can study very well, all of them feel the pressure on them. Such psychological situation can be finished with poor results at the exams. Turning to the other hand of issue, achieving the best results motivate students to be much more successful at the next exam than at the previous one. From my own student life I can say that reaching to the best grades in my subjects encourage me to be the best in our group in all subjects and it stimulates to see the bright future.

In addition, while we know that we must take an exam we take it seriously and prepare for it systematically, consequently, the learnt topics or theories also broaden our mind and maybe useful for our future career.

To sum up, in my personal opinion the advantages of taking exams and tests consist of understanding the success of teaching methods, motivating students to be the best among others, studying diligently, whereas disadvantage can be only negative emotional status. So, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

reaching to the best grades in my subjects encourage me
reaching to the best grades in my subjects encourages me