Today prison is the most common solution for crime but some people think that it would be a more effective way to provide them with better education to prevent them from becoming criminals. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

People have differing views with regard to the question of how to protect our societies from crimes. Although I accept that punishments may be a sound solution to crimes, I agree with the idea that it is better to offer a range of education to prevent people from becoming criminals.

On the one hand, strict punishments can certainly help to encourage people to behave in the right way. Prison sentences for offenders can act as a deterrent, meaning that people avoid repeating the same offence after serving their prison lives. If they commit a crime again, they usually get a harsher punishment than the first one. The aim of this rigorous punishment is to show those who are at risk of engaging criminal activities that their actions have negative consequences. As a result, we would hope that potential criminals become more disciplined and alert, and that they comply with the laws more carefully.

Nevertheless, I believe that the criminal activity can be prevented with the help of education. Many offenders usually lack the perception of the consequences of their actions because not many of them received proper education at school. Thus, it is vitally important to educate people since they are young children about moral responsibility, and this could be done in schools. Teachers could play a pivotal role in teaching their students about the importance of abiding by the law and becoming an exemplary member of society. This will give young people more knowledge and greater understanding about consequences of committing crimes, and in turn it will deter any potential offender from engaging in criminal activity.

In conclusion, while punishments can help to prevent crimes, I believe that education is more effective for a longer term.

it is vitally important to educate people since they are young children about moral responsibility,
it is vitally important to educate people about moral responsibility since they are young children ,