In today’s competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents’ absence.Discuss both t

In today’s competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents’ absence.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

It is true that this competitive society has put a lot of pressure on both parents to be committed to their career these days. While there are some good arguments in favour of the contention that children could take advantage of the extra income, I believe that parents’ absence will make children feel depressed and loneliness.

On the one hand, some people argue that the additional income could benefit children in several different ways. Firstly, children have a chance to receive a better quality of education which requires a considerable cost. For example, these children have access to more and better education opportunities at private education centres and hence they will be able to achieve high grades in comparison with their peers at school. Secondly, parents are able to afford to pay for their children’s music lessons. It is generally known that learning musical instruments comes at a great cost because it also needs tutors who can teach and correct the mistakes along the way. Finally, there is a variety of entertainment for children to enjoy with the adequate amount of money. They can easily get the latest games and toys which can be expensive for other households to afford.

On the other hand, I believe that the loneliness that children will feel due to the absence of their parents is more important. The issue that children usually face when their parents are away most of time is that they have no one to rely on when they need help. For instance, children usually do not know how to cook. When they feel hungry and have to cook for themselves, and this could be dangerous because they are exposed to sharp knives, hot water and fire on gas stoves. Thus, it is vitally important for at least one parent to stay home and look after them.

In conclusion, there are some convincing arguments both for and against the absence of parents for additional salaries, but I believe that the fact that children will receive the lack of support from their parents is a more significant issue.

feel depressed and loneliness.
feel depressed and lonely.