Traffic problem is getting serious in many cites How it affects people s daily life and what individuals can do to help reduce traffic

Traffic problem is getting serious in many cites. How it affects people's daily life and what individuals can do to help reduce traffic.

Today, automobiles have become an inseparable part of our lives. For some, automobile is a status symbol but for majority of the people it is a necessity. With the technological advancements, the number of vehicles on the roads has increased drastically over the years. As it is with all the things, this increase brings along with it a problem of traffic.

Traffic has become a daily part of our lives. Day by day problem of traffic is getting worse and is affecting us in various ways. Firstly, our health is getting degraded. Long exposure to the polluting vehicles during traffic has adverse effect on our health. Secondly, we loose our precious time. During traffic jams we loose our crucial time which could be utilized to do some recreational activities or to spend with friends and family. Lastly, it adversely affects our lifestyle. For instance, increase in travel time affects schedule for the entire day and we end up working till late hours which in turn increases stress level.

Undoubtedly, traffic has many adverse effects on us, but by undertaking few measures on our side we can reduce these effects. Following traffic rules can help in avoiding traffic jams and thereby in saving our precious time. Root cause of traffic is large number of vehicles on the road. By proactively making use of public transport we can reduce this number. Also, sharing own vehicle with other people can be a good option. For instance, car- pooling while travelling to and fro to office can not only save us some money and time by reducing traffic on the road but can also help us make some good friends.

To summarize, Traffic has become an indispensable part of life. Although, it cannot be completely avoided or extracted, with some proper measures we can minimize its effects on our lives.

During traffic jams we loose our crucial time
During traffic jams we lose our crucial time