We no longer need to have animals kept in zoos so zoos should be closed Do you agree or disagree

We no longer need to have animals kept in zoos, so zoos should be closed. Do you agree or disagree?

There is a strong argument to be made for closing zoos and releasing animals to their home grounds, but there is also a case in favour of keeping them in cages as will now be discussed.

Primarily, animal growth, particularly the wild ones, is greatly affected if they are being reared away from their habitat. For instance, it is proven that lions that are nurtured by humans have smaller bodies, brittle and dispersed manes and they are less muscular compared to jungle lions. Thus, these creatures should be allowed to live a natural life.

Furthermore, many hunters have gained enormous amounts of money through animals’ commerce, and as touristic zoos are their main customers, they should be closed. To illustrate, the Indian tiger has become one of the endangered predators because of its financial value to hunters. Thus it is highly recommended to stop this form of investment to protect the wild life.

Nevertheless, many people look at animals as a source of entertainment. Some wild animals are amazing, fascinating and some are even funny, but they cannot be easily seen in nature, so they should be kept in zoos. Moreover, some of the public argue that endangered species are best protected where they are living under observation, however this could be applicable in protected natural reserves where the environment is almost similar to animals natural homes.

To conclude, in spite of some benefits of zoos to people, animals have the right to live in their home grounds. Personally, I totally agree with zoos destruction and preservation of wild life.