Essay topics: "When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.
The fortune and luck sometimes play an important role in the road of success. There are some people, who do not have to work very hard, can become successful easily, whereas some people devote themselves on their work and responsibilities but they cannot get anything and accomplish their goal. Therefore, in this essay, I will discuss that luck sometimes has a great impact to our lives.
To begin with, even though people do not believe that fortune plays significant parts in a person’s pathway, there are many examples which prove and support that luck is another factor to help a person to become successful. For instance, there are many superstars in my country that they do not even study or practice about singing or acting before because they just got a chance to be an actor accidentally. Some actors were not very good when they started work in this line but they had a better opportunity to learn and practice from directors or expert producers. Perhaps there are many younger people, who have been studying about media and acting for a long time, unfortunately they still cannot be able to work in this line and become superstars.
Moreover, the fortune can support an individual but it can also be destructive an individual’s future. For example, one of my friends works in a company as a manager. She was working overtime very often and asked for being a volunteer in many difficult tasks. With a lot of effort and contribution on her duties, she supposes to get a promotion or earn a higher salary but she deserved nothing from this dedicated work. Unfortunately, after that a few years, she got fired because a company owner does not like her and wants to support his son to fulfill in her position instead. In this case, she definitely was working in the wrong place with unfair people. Therefore, sometimes people cannot do too much, if the fortune does not help.
In conclusion, form two examples above can support the idea that sometimes luck also has great significance to a person’s success pathway. Some people can easily become successful without doing anything, whereas many hard working people may not easily succeed because of unfortunate live.
- Obesity is now a major global epidemic. What can be done to tackle this increasingly common problem? (80)
- In many countries, more and more young people are unable to find jobs after graduation.What are the possible reasons for this change? What are the solutions for this? (70)
- The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (75)
- The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projection for 2050. (70)
- The graph below gives the information from 2008 report about the consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.( taken fr (70)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh than the disadvantages? (70)
- In many countries there is a shortage of suitable people for essential jobs.What do you think are the causes of this problem and what measures could be taken to solve it? Give reasons fro your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowled (85)
- Television cannot replace the book as a learning tool, which is why children also less well educated today.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- In the past, most people spent their whole lives in the same village or small town, where all the residents knew each other. Nowadays, many people move to different place, where they don't know anyone.What do you think are the disadvantages and advantages (80)
- The chart below shows the changes that took place in three different areas of crime in New Port city center from 2003-2012. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (0)