Essay topics: "When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.
The fortune and luck sometimes play an important role in the road of success. There are some people, who do not have to work very hard, can become successful easily, whereas some people devote themselves on their work and responsibilities but they cannot get anything and accomplish their goal. Therefore, in this essay, I will discuss that luck sometimes has a great impact to our lives.
To begin with, even though people do not believe that fortune plays significant parts in a person’s pathway, there are many examples which prove and support that luck is another factor to help a person to become successful. For instance, there are many superstars in my country that they do not even study or practice about singing or acting before because they just got a chance to be an actor accidentally. Some actors were not very good when they started work in this line but they had a better opportunity to learn and practice from directors or expert producers. Perhaps there are many younger people, who have been studying about media and acting for a long time, unfortunately they still cannot be able to work in this line and become superstars.
Moreover, the fortune can support an individual but it can also be destructive an individual’s future. For example, one of my friends works in a company as a manager. She was working overtime very often and asked for being a volunteer in many difficult tasks. With a lot of effort and contribution on her duties, she supposes to get a promotion or earn a higher salary but she deserved nothing from this dedicated work. Unfortunately, after that a few years, she got fired because a company owner does not like her and wants to support his son to fulfill in her position instead. In this case, she definitely was working in the wrong place with unfair people. Therefore, sometimes people cannot do too much, if the fortune does not help.
In conclusion, form two examples above can support the idea that sometimes luck also has great significance to a person’s success pathway. Some people can easily become successful without doing anything, whereas many hard working people may not easily succeed because of unfortunate live.
- Some sports are extremely dangerous but many people still like them very much. Why do people take part in dangerous sports? Give some suggestions on how to deal with these dangers.Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own (60)
- Some people think that spending a lot on birthday celebrations and wedding is a waste of money. But others think that it is important to young people and the society. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (70)
- Some people think that children should have some classes outside their schools, visiting local companies or public enterprises for some real life experience. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. (70)
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (71.66670000000001)
- Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (90)
- Many people spend a lot of money on clothes, haircuts, and beauty products to enhance their appearance. Some people think that it is a good way to spend money, while others think that there is a better way to spend it. Discuss both views and give your opi (70)
- Some people say that it is not good for children to grow up in the city and that the countryside is more suitable for them. Do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society.To what extent do you agree with this view? (60)
- Some people are reducing their walks, however many health experts say that walking is thebest exercise to maintain health. Why do people walk less? What might encourage people to walk longer distances? (85)
- Some people prefer to work for a large company. Other prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice. (90)