Essay topics: "When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.
The fortune and luck sometimes play an important role in the road of success. There are some people, who do not have to work very hard, can become successful easily, whereas some people devote themselves on their work and responsibilities but they cannot get anything and accomplish their goal. Therefore, in this essay, I will discuss that luck sometimes has a great impact to our lives.
To begin with, even though people do not believe that fortune plays significant parts in a person’s pathway, there are many examples which prove and support that luck is another factor to help a person to become successful. For instance, there are many superstars in my country that they do not even study or practice about singing or acting before because they just got a chance to be an actor accidentally. Some actors were not very good when they started work in this line but they had a better opportunity to learn and practice from directors or expert producers. Perhaps there are many younger people, who have been studying about media and acting for a long time, unfortunately they still cannot be able to work in this line and become superstars.
Moreover, the fortune can support an individual but it can also be destructive an individual’s future. For example, one of my friends works in a company as a manager. She was working overtime very often and asked for being a volunteer in many difficult tasks. With a lot of effort and contribution on her duties, she supposes to get a promotion or earn a higher salary but she deserved nothing from this dedicated work. Unfortunately, after that a few years, she got fired because a company owner does not like her and wants to support his son to fulfill in her position instead. In this case, she definitely was working in the wrong place with unfair people. Therefore, sometimes people cannot do too much, if the fortune does not help.
In conclusion, form two examples above can support the idea that sometimes luck also has great significance to a person’s success pathway. Some people can easily become successful without doing anything, whereas many hard working people may not easily succeed because of unfortunate live.
- Now that there are no unknown places left on Earth that individuals can explore, exploration has taken the form of overcoming physical challenges. What is your opinion of this development? (50)
- The charts below show the numbers of people in different aged groups who go sailing and or play basketball in Australia.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (60)
- Recycling is now an essential measure: it is time for everyone in society to become more responsible toward the environment.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- The graph below shows the percentage sales of trainers made by a sportwear company in one year. The Flying Boots trainers were lunched at the beginning of that year. (70)
- Some people are extremely dangerous but many people still like them very much. Why do people take part in these sports in these sports. What advantages and disadvantages of dangerous sports? Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- Many young people today choose or are forced to go and work abroad. What are the advantages & disadvantages of living and working in a foreign country compared with living and working in your own country? Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- The amount of sport shown on television every week has increased significantly and this is having an impact on live sports events. Do you think the benefits of having more televised sport are greater than the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer a (80)
- Some people are concerned that children spend too much time on playing computer and video games. Some people believe these games are a harmless form of escapism, but others think they make young people too aggressive and become dangerously addictive.To w (55)
- Car ownership has increased so rapidly over the past 30 years in the world that many cities now are "one big traffic jam". Do you think that this statement is true? What measure can government take to address this problem? (rewrite1) (90)
- Car ownership has increased so rapidly over the past 30 years in the world that many cities now are "one big traffic jam". Do you think that this statement is true? What measure can government take to address this problem? (0)