Essay topics: "When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.
The fortune and luck sometimes play an important role in the road of success. There are some people, who do not have to work very hard, can become successful easily, whereas some people devote themselves on their work and responsibilities but they cannot get anything and accomplish their goal. Therefore, in this essay, I will discuss that luck sometimes has a great impact to our lives.
To begin with, even though people do not believe that fortune plays significant parts in a person’s pathway, there are many examples which prove and support that luck is another factor to help a person to become successful. For instance, there are many superstars in my country that they do not even study or practice about singing or acting before because they just got a chance to be an actor accidentally. Some actors were not very good when they started work in this line but they had a better opportunity to learn and practice from directors or expert producers. Perhaps there are many younger people, who have been studying about media and acting for a long time, unfortunately they still cannot be able to work in this line and become superstars.
Moreover, the fortune can support an individual but it can also be destructive an individual’s future. For example, one of my friends works in a company as a manager. She was working overtime very often and asked for being a volunteer in many difficult tasks. With a lot of effort and contribution on her duties, she supposes to get a promotion or earn a higher salary but she deserved nothing from this dedicated work. Unfortunately, after that a few years, she got fired because a company owner does not like her and wants to support his son to fulfill in her position instead. In this case, she definitely was working in the wrong place with unfair people. Therefore, sometimes people cannot do too much, if the fortune does not help.
In conclusion, form two examples above can support the idea that sometimes luck also has great significance to a person’s success pathway. Some people can easily become successful without doing anything, whereas many hard working people may not easily succeed because of unfortunate live.
- one of the consequences of improved medical care is that people are living longer and life expectancy is increasing.do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages? (80)
- The graph and table below show the average monthly temperatures and the average number of hours of sunshine per year in three major cities.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant. (70)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010.(rewrite1) (70)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (70)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work from different organizations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.(rewrite1) (80)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010. (70)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work from different organizations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- When choosing a job, the salary is the most important consideration. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages for a student of doing a degree at a local college or a university in the capital city . Choose at least three factors to compare (e.g. cost, flexibility, quality of qualification) (70)
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays? (rewrite1) (80)