Essay topics: Writing task 2 (an essay)
Internet contains a lot of information, however, sometimes this information is inaccurate or wrong. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
In today’s world, technology has changed human lives significantly. Many technological devices and systems have been invented in the last decade. The internet is one prevalent system that has improved our lives. Getting information through the internet is a very convenient way for updated news. However, some people say that the internet sometimes contains a lot of inaccurate information which is not a good source for getting information. The accuracy of information on the internet will be discussed carefully.
On the one hand, some people who assert that online information is not correct at all support that some documentaries are released by unreliable group of people or organizations, which contain wrong information. The media these days is very easy to access by everyone. People are able to share or send some information widespread through the internet. The misinterpretation and misinformation can easily happen. For example, some people mislead to present an interesting title of news which sometimes change meanings in different ways and make people to be more confused. The purpose of this intention is attraction many readers and advertisements. As a result, with the information from the internet, readers need to pay attention closely to contents and evaluate which is accurate or misinformation before belief.
On the other hand, some people argue that most of information on the internet is also accurate. This is because there are many good websites that are produced by trustworthy organizations. All news and information that comes from those websites always attaches with references that readers can search or check the content of information. Some documentary online are always base on the published information such as news or magazines. For instance, BBC news and The Reader’s Digest which are popular news and magazines, these sources contain all precise information which is already proved and edited by scientists and professionals. Therefore, a lot of information on some websites is more reliable and truthful rather other sites.
To sum up with my opinion, both sides have pro and cons. However, I would like to disagree with this statement for a couple reasons. From my perspective, readers cannot judge or blame that all the information on the internet is always incorrect but they should be more aware that they have to consider carefully before totally believes any information.
- Obesity is now a major global epidemic. What can be done to tackle this increasingly common problem? (80)
- In many countries, more and more young people are unable to find jobs after graduation.What are the possible reasons for this change? What are the solutions for this? (70)
- The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (75)
- The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projection for 2050. (70)
- The graph below gives the information from 2008 report about the consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.( taken fr (70)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh than the disadvantages? (70)
- In many countries there is a shortage of suitable people for essential jobs.What do you think are the causes of this problem and what measures could be taken to solve it? Give reasons fro your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowled (85)
- Television cannot replace the book as a learning tool, which is why children also less well educated today.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- In the past, most people spent their whole lives in the same village or small town, where all the residents knew each other. Nowadays, many people move to different place, where they don't know anyone.What do you think are the disadvantages and advantages (80)
- The chart below shows the changes that took place in three different areas of crime in New Port city center from 2003-2012. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (0)