Writing task 2 (an essay)Internet contains a lot of information, however, sometimes this information is inaccurate or wrong. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Essay topics: Writing task 2 (an essay)
Internet contains a lot of information, however, sometimes this information is inaccurate or wrong. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

vjtca28's picture

In today’s world, technology has changed human lives significantly. Many technological devices and systems have been invented in the last decade. The internet is one prevalent system that has improved our lives. Getting information through the internet is a very convenient way for updated news. However, some people say that the internet sometimes contains a lot of inaccurate information which is not a good source for getting information. The accuracy of information on the internet will be discussed carefully.

On the one hand, some people who assert that online information is not correct at all support that some documentaries are released by unreliable group of people or organizations, which contain wrong information. The media these days is very easy to access by everyone. People are able to share or send some information widespread through the internet. The misinterpretation and misinformation can easily happen. For example, some people mislead to present an interesting title of news which sometimes change meanings in different ways and make people to be more confused. The purpose of this intention is attraction many readers and advertisements. As a result, with the information from the internet, readers need to pay attention closely to contents and evaluate which is accurate or misinformation before belief.

On the other hand, some people argue that most of information on the internet is also accurate. This is because there are many good websites that are produced by trustworthy organizations. All news and information that comes from those websites always attaches with references that readers can search or check the content of information. Some documentary online are always base on the published information such as news or magazines. For instance, BBC news and The Reader’s Digest which are popular news and magazines, these sources contain all precise information which is already proved and edited by scientists and professionals. Therefore, a lot of information on some websites is more reliable and truthful rather other sites.

To sum up with my opinion, both sides have pro and cons. However, I would like to disagree with this statement for a couple reasons. From my perspective, readers cannot judge or blame that all the information on the internet is always incorrect but they should be more aware that they have to consider carefully before totally believes any information.