Home >> Ielts Writing Task Ii Ielts Academic Essays

Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

sawatsa's picture

In my opinion, I agree that governments should consider to provide money on developing railways rather than roads. Despite, I also believe that building a better roads is important too.

Nowadays, the government is trying to improve citizen's quality of life by providing convenient factors such as health care, communication and transportation. However, railway is one of the underrated transportation in Thailand. Because most people only use the skytrain or subway as priority, which is the reason why railways is not getting much attention.

Developing railways can solve traffic congestion and also can improve Thailand's economic systems, as massive population growth and higher demands, it will completely make a different to our country. For example, if there are more lines and stations for the railways itself, travelers and foreigners can have an alternative ways to travel around the country. The more railways accessed the more business started up.

Moreover, not only creating more lines but also need to improve the quality of the trains. To installing an air-conditions and replacing a better seats, which makes an equality to all passengers, making it more comfortable and satisfied experiences.

On the other hand, as I mentioned before that to building a better roads is also right thing to do. Most of people in Thailand still using a car as their main transportation. Not only car but also a bus, taxi meters and motorcycles, those needed to be on a road. So building a better roads can reduce a chance of the accidents, which caused by a bad construction, because it helps drivers to be safer and can drives easily.

In conclusion, the government needs to manage some money to developing the railways and spend some of the rest on building a better roads to improve citizen's quality of life and our country's better economy.