At present the media affects people s lives significantly What impact does this have on the society Is it a negative or a positive development

At present the media affects people’s lives significantly. What impact does this have on the society? Is it a negative or a positive development?

In the recent era, the media are part and parcel of the people's life. Presently, it is widely believed that the media have advantageous roles in the society. Overall, this essay deals with the effects of the media and also it casts light on the pros and cons of the media.

Multifarious points could be put down behind the effects of the media. First and foremost, the media increase the consciousness of the folks about various events in every nook and cranny of the globe. For instance, if a group of people, in a corner of the world, are coping with famine, drought, etc., individuals could be aware of that with the help of the media. As a result, people could have a meticulous insight into the world.

Furthermore, myriads of positives could endorse advantages of the media. Initially, the media might uplift the standard of living. To illustrate, a plethora of healthy hints could be promulgated among people by means of telecasting, print media, etc., having potential benefits for the public health. For example, people could be familiarized with the benefits and hazards of various foods. Apart from that, the media could be a great bridge between people and authorities. To put it in another way, the masses could be notified about the administrations' blueprints by taking advantage of the media.

On the negative side, disadvantages of the media are something to which we cannot close our eyes. To specify, overstating is an issue which throws doubt on the integrity of the media. A case in point is pertinent to the advertisements by which companies make any endeavor to sell their products and be the only game in town. To be more specific, some producers exaggerate the quality of their products, bringing about misleading people. Hence, misusing the media could induce negative outcomes.

To recapitulate, the media could have profound consequences, which could be regarded as both merits and demerits, in the society. However, I believe that the boon of the media outweigh its bane.

Dear Sir
is it necessary to explain my own opinion in this essay? In the conclusion I mentioned that "However, I believe that the boon of the media outweigh its bane. " because I wanted to cast light on my own opinion. Is it correct? Do you think it is necessary?
Let me know if there is any problems with the structure that I used.

Well, the conclusion is OK, but you didn't write the essay according to the topic.

The correct structure:

paragraph 1: introduction. here you need to mention 'What impact does this have on the society? Is it a negative or a positive development?'. for example, media has changed the way people communicate to each other. and it is a negative development.(you can say it is a positive development too)

paragraph 2: Even though there are some positive development of media on communication, first, second...

paragraph 3: However, the negative development on communication can't be ignored. reason 1, why reason 1, example, conclusion of the paragraph

paragraph 4: . reason 2, why reason 2, example, conclusion of the paragraph. (paragraph 4 is optional)

paragraph 5: conclusion. something like: However, I believe that the boon of the media outweigh its bane.

-------------------------
read essays by this user:
http://testbig.com/users/hao