Essay topics: In recent years, tourists have paid attention to preserving both the culture and environment of the places they visit. However, some people think that it is impossible to be a responsible tourist. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
It is true that more and more tourists have been conscious of cultural and environmental aspects of the countries they visit, although many individuals believe that it is impracticable for those travellers to bear responsibility for these aspects. In my opinion, while I agree that attention has been paid to both culture and environment by tourists themselves, I refute the ladder idea that it is infeasible for them to have responsible manners.
It stands to reason that the large number of holiday-makers have been aware of the cultural and environmental issues of the host nations. To illustrate, in Singapore, a country well-know for the hygiene regulations and street cleanliness to safeguard the environment, visitors often caused frustration because they didnot comform to these strict rules when they pay a visit to this country such as littering the street, notably chewing gums. With the passing of time, they are gradually adopting the norms of this nation and learn how to protect the environment effectively and efficiently. Another prime example is Vietnam, visitors did talk openly about pornographic videos, which are the embarrassing cultural taboo in Vietnamese culture. Nevertheless, it is no longer the case since those visitors are consciously aware and try to avoid mentioning these, especially in public places.
However, I do argue that it is a fallacy to say that tourists cannot be liable for their impacts on the environment and conventions of the countries they flock to. Some proponents of this point of view maintain that those occasional visitors would not follow all the traditions and ways of protecting environment of the locals because of short journey times. But, in my view, it is mainly the matter of consciousness. If, for example, holiday-makers strive to spend one to two days with instructors who excel at conventions and environment practices of the host nations or simply read information about the destinations they will come to in advance, then it is more likely that they could easily adopt all these norms and practices. Consequently, they could feel more confident when roaming around these nations and even receive hospitality from all the locals there.
In conclusion, while I advocate that cultural and environmental awareness are being developed, it is not impossible for all tourist to behave responsibly with the nations they travel to.
- Countries（where there is high unemployment）most pupils should be offered only primary education, there is no point in offering secondary education to those who will have no hope of finding a job. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)
- As a part of education, students should spend a period of time living in another country to learn its language and culture. Do you agree or disagree? (78)
- Explain some of the ways in which humans are damaging the environment. What can governments do to address these problems? What can individual people do? (61)
- In some countries, governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move to regional areas outside the big cities.Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages? (89)
- In many parts of the world, children and teenagers are committing more crimes. Why is this happening? How should they by punished? (84)
- In many parts of the world, children and teenagers are committing more crimes. Why is this happening? How should they by punished? (78)
- In many parts of the world, children and teenagers are committing more crimes. Why is this happening? How should they by punished? (67)
- Some argue that all young children should be required to stay with full-time education until they are at least 18 years old. Do you agree or disagree? (78)
- Some argue that all young children should be required to stay with full-time education until they are at least 18 years old. Do you agree or disagree? (73)
- International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. Do you agree or disagree? (78)