Some people say watching TV is bad for children in all ways, others say it is good for children to get knowledge. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
The topic of whether TV is detrimental to children in all ways is of concern for many teachers and parents. Some people believe that watching TV has adverse impact on children’s physical health, social skills and family harmony while others hold different opinion. As for me, I am convinced TV programs convey some useful information to school kids.
Those who suggest children should be banned watching TV hold the following reasons. Firstly, it has negative impact on young kids’ physical development. As a large number of TV shows and dramas are produced with amusing characters and funny stories to draw audience’s attention, many children are addictive to them and spend hours sitting in front of the screens, thereby causing damage to their eyesight and physical postures. Secondly, consistently watching TV may lead to degradation of academic performance. It appears that some primary school students stay up late because of cartoon movies constantly. As a result, they will find that they have troubles focusing in class and not be able to performance well in assignments and exams.
However, there are some other people who assert TV claim TV is a power source. To start with, some educational programs are recommended to watch. There are different variety TV shows such as Animal World, Math Lesson deliver knowledge and information to children outside the school. These programs are meaningful and good for enhancing students’ thinking skills. Besides, TV news such as ABC news, BBC and Sydney Morning can broaden students’ horizons. Watching the TV news regularly, school children will access information that they cannot learn in the school.
To sum up, parents are encouraged to allow their children to watch useful programs. However, it is important to limit the time children spend on TV.
- Some people think that children of different abilities should be educated together. Other think that it is better to tech the intelligent children separately and with special treatment. What do you think? 80
- More working people are busy with work and have no enough time to spend with their family and friends. Why does this happen? What are the effects on family life and society? 63
- Some people think that young people should follow the traditions of their society, and other think young people should be free to behave as they will. Discuss both views and give your opinion. 73
- Team activities can teach more skills for life than other activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree? 40
- Mass media is more influential nowadays and some people think it is a negative development. To what extend do you agree or disagree? 70
I am convinced TV programs convey some useful information to school kids.
Description: can you re-write this sentence?
it has negative impact
it has negative impacts
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 17 15
No. of Words: 291 350
No. of Characters: 1476 1500
No. of Different Words: 172 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.13 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.072 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.603 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 121 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 89 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 60 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 28 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.118 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 8.152 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.647 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.332 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.504 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.056 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5