Home >> Ielts Writing Task Ii Ielts Academic Essays

Some people think placing advertisements in schools is a great resource for public schools that need additionally funding, but others think it exploits children by treating them as a captive audience for corporate sponsors.Choose which position you most a

quynguyen's picture

Nowadays, advertisements are available far and wide and school advertising is not an exception. While some people think that it will help to develop school budget, the others might argue that school advertising should be prevented because children cannot be treated as a captive audience for corporate sponsors. This essay will be discussing why we can place advertisements in school without destructing educational environment.

Firstly, advertisements, especially ones with positive education content will help children pay more attention to the educational products that are being advertised, and therefore feel more exciting when they are learning. For example, a book publisher should be able to put a book banner which is a visual photo of a boy or a girl who is reading a book in a green park, together with the message “Reading book will help us to build a peaceful world”. Absolutely, this advertisement is a good message that will motivate children to read. Thus, they will have better social knowledge as well as improve their mindset to build a better world.

Secondly, posters which are promoting sports should be an excellent method that can be used to inspire children into a lifelong love of sport. For example, attractive photos of children who are playing football, basketball, swimming, etc. will trigger children to play the games and their physical development will be improved accordingly. Thus, they will have a healthier life as well as relieve stress from studying at school.

In conclusion, we can place the advertisements for both financial and educational purposes. By filtering appropriate advertising content, advertisements are not only the effective funding mechanism but also a channel to extend kids' creative ability.