Home >> Ielts Writing Task Ii Ielts Academic Essays

Some people think placing advertisements in schools is a great resource for public schools that need additionally funding, but others think it exploits children by treating them as a captive audience for corporate sponsors.Choose which position you most a

quynguyen's picture

Nowadays, advertisements show up far and wide, including schools. While some people think that they advance school budget, the others might argue that school is not a good place for advertising because children are not suitable audiences of advertising. This essay in addressing why we can place advertisements in school.

Firstly, advertisements, especially ones with positive educational content help children pay more attention to the educational product that are being advertised, and therefore feel more exciting when they are learning. For example, a book publisher should be able to put a book banner which is a visual photo of a boy or a girl who is reading a book in a peaceful park, together with the message “Reading book will help us to build a peaceful world”. This advertisement is a good message that will motivate children to read. Thus, they will have better social knowledge as well as improve their mindset to build a better world.

Secondly, posters which are promoting sports should be excellent method that can be used to motivate children to do more outdoor exercises. For example, attractive photos of children who are playing football, basketball, swimming, etc. will trigger children to play the games. Hence, they will have a healthier life and help they relieve stress from studying at school.

However, advertisements are not always suitable for placing in school zone. For example, the pornography brochures should be completely banned from school. This is because the sexual photos create negative impact on children's mind, so all content must be controlled strictly and carefully by parents and teachers.

In conclusion, we can place the advertisements in the schools with proper content. Advertisements are not only a funding channel but also are the utilities to broaden kid's imagniation and creative ability.