University education should be free to everyone, regardless of income.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Over recent years, more and more people have been attending university and arguments have persisted as to whether students should pay for this privilege not. Although there are convincing arguments on both sides, I strongly believe that it should be free.
One argument put forward in favour of charging students is that education is becoming more expensive to fund as universities grow in size. Consequently, making students pay may maintain standards and ensure the quality of the teaching. In addition, it is argued that most students benefit from university in terms of higher paid jobs, so it is fair that they pay for at least some of the cost, especially given that the majority of students attending university are from the middle classes. Last but not least, in many countries, there is a shortage of people to do manual jobs such as plumbing and carpentry, so making university more expensive may encourage people to take up these jobs.
However, there are a number of arguments in favour of making university education free for all. Firstly, it will encourage more people to attend and this will benefit society. This is because it will lead to a more productive and educated workforce. Research has generally shown that those countries that have a better educated population via university have higher levels of innovation and productivity. In addition, there is the issue of equality of opportunity. If all students are required to pay, those on a low income may be dissuaded from attending, thus making it unfair. The reason for this is that they will likely not be able to secure financial support from their family so they will be concerned about the debts they will incur in the future.
In conclusion, I am of opinion that all education should remain equally available to all regardless of income. This is not only fair, but will also ensure that countries can prosper and develop into the future with a well-educated workforce.
- "Fatherhood ought to be emphasized as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up." 68
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You ordered a new cheque book from your bank two weeks ago but you have received nothing.Write a letter to the manager complaining about the bad service. Say when and how you ordered the cheque book. Ask how 80
- The chart below gives information about global sales of game software, CDs and DVD/Video or Video. Write a report for a university lecture describing the information.-Syerapke- (rewrite) 60
- Televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today.Are these shows a good method of finding talented people, or are they just entertainment? 64
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays? (RE-WRITE) 93
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.5 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 15 15
No. of Words: 326 350
No. of Characters: 1587 1500
No. of Different Words: 161 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.249 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.868 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.635 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 119 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 84 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 68 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 45 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 21.733 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.263 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.733 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.318 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.514 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.044 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5