A/D: Playing computer games is a waste of time and children should not be allowed to play them.

Computers have changed our life style in various ways. Recently, we use them for reading news, keeping in touch with friends and families and shopping, yet this relatively new invention has some shortcomings such as computer games. These kinds of games have attracted many kids’ attention, and in some points one might say that children are addicted to them. I strongly suggest that parents should limit their children’s access to these games, because they can contribute to health problems, waste of time as well as less engagement in social and group activities.

To start with, video games ask for minor body activities. Players can sit or even lie down for hours and play game. These very low level of activity can cause to some sever health problems such as obesity and heart disease. Since these kinds of problems start in childhood, they could be chronic and last for a long time. So when we compare current children with the last generations of children it could be easily seen that the previous generations were much more active and in shape. This is a serious problem that should be addressed swiftly.

Besides, these games are such a chain of sequences as if designed to attract all the attention of kids, and they cannot easily stop playing and make time to do other stuff like their homework. Every time that they succeed in accomplishing one stage goal, the game rewards them with new powers or skills or challenge them with harder stages that can keep them occupied even more. In addition, there are some sorts of games that provide people with the opportunity to build a house and expanding it even to a city during the time. These games make children even more committed to the game and force them to come back as soon as they can to check out on their properties, so the larger amount of time in needed to be spend.

Finally, children are in a critical age and should be engaged in social and groups activities with their friends in order to learn some important skills and be capable of dealing with these sorts of social interactions in their future life, which is really important for them if they want to be functional and successful grownups. However, computer games make them isolated and keep them in their rooms.

To sum up, computer games are so attractive and it is hard to resist toward them. But, the fact is that this desirability is just something superficial, and the harms of this time consuming entertainment over weight its bonuses.

so the larger amount of time in needed to be spend.
so the larger amount of time in needed is to be spent.