Being able to speak well is more important than being able to write well. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Use reasons and specific examples to support our answer.

The author contends that being able to speak well is much more important than being able to write well. I agree with the author. The reasons for my stand are explored further below.

First of all, a person might be in hurry and he won’t have time to read what someone has written. He may ask a brief summary of the writing. So if the writer, even if a good one, is not able to speak well, then he won’t be able to captivate the listener and make him understand whatever he is trying to say. For example, I remember that once when I was in 10th class, my science teacher Mr. Wilson asked me to write an assignment on the Mughal Empire in India. The assignment was due within a week and I got late. When I finally finished my paper, I went to his office. He was locking his cabin and was leaving for somewhere. He asked me to come back some other time. But I knew it was my last chance to submit this since my grades depended on this assignment so I pursued him. He then asked me to tell him briefly about the topic based on memory and not what I have written. I had a five minutes to tell him about my assignment. After I finished, he was impressed and accepted my assignment.

Another important thing is that some people are illiterate. Ideas and views of the author can only be communicated to them orally. Hence, a good speaker has the ability to captivate his audience. A bad speaker, will not be able to do so. For instance, in political rallies, speeches have to be read from a podium by the politician. The public is the audience who is not able to read the speech that the politician has with himself in written form. Most politicians just read the entire written speech and as a result, the audience gets weary and drowsy. Moreover, there have been instances in India that this dreary and simple reading of the speech has led to public outbursts because the leader is not able to convince that he means to fulfill his promises. Instead he just reads his promises written on a piece of paper.

Thus, to conclude based on the arguments explored above, being a good speaker is much more important in today’s world rather than being a good writer. People are always in a hurry and they don’t have time to read. They prefer an audio summary. Moreover, most people in the world are illiterate. The author will not be able to penetrate the minds of this vast audience just by writing. These people need someone to read to them without making them fall asleep.

Some duplicate words or sentences. Look:

Don't need to paraphrase the content at the conclusion.