Compare and contrast your way of life with that of your parents. Which way of life do you think would be more satisfying to future generations?

The way people live changes as the time passes and each generation experiences a different way. When I compare my lifestyle with that of my parents, I can see how their lives were simpler. They had more promising sights of future. However, I prefer modern way of living which I am currently experiencing because it has some advantages that I do not like to give them up for the old style.

My era is the information era. Obtaining information is the easiest task in the world. Every day there is news about scientific breakthroughs. Web pages and search engines provide us with mind blowing amount of data on any possible subject. However in my parents' time, they had to make a considerable effort to find out the answers to their questions. There were no internet and the circulation of data as well as communication was very slow and expensive.

Furthermore, we are currently experiencing the outcomes of technology revolution. Automatic devices, robot derived machines, and highly complex equipments have facilitated my life. In my parents' time, technology was not so advanced as today. For instance, my mom told me about man-powered devices for grinding meat and extracting the fruits in the kitchens. Such primitive devices were laborious.

On the other hand, when my parents were the same age as me, they had more promising sight of their future. The booming of global population which is concurrent to my period is consuming the Earth resources in a significantly fast speed. I am always concerned about the energy crisis or food deprivation.

In a nut shell, by advancement of technology and exponential growth of information, my generation is living a modern style of living which is defined by internet and computerized machines. Living in this period is much easier than in my parents' era. Despite some economical and ecological superiority of the old time, I prefer my modern way of living.