Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study.

The issue which lessons and courses should be taught in the high schools has been a contentious matter among the school administrators and the education planners. There is a disputable thought in which the students should have right to choose their lessons that they want to study. To my perspective, students are not enough mature to decide which lessons are fundamental for them and this policy will bring about some problems for both the learners and the societies. To what follows, I delineate my reasons against the statement.

First, all learners should get the comprehensive and systematic schedules of studying. In fact, having a balance of various sciences such as biology, mathematics, physics, and art is a pivotal policy of the basic education in high schools. Less or more, the pupils have to get some definite amount of knowledge on each lesson, which can lead and help them with their practical situations and about their future educations.

Second, students have no clear aim about their interests to decide on what they really feel like studying. In fact, in the high school, a teenager can just ponder and deal with some personal issues such as which school he prefers to go, or with which teacher is more welcoming not more than that. To face with fact; how a teenager can speculate the applicable aspects of physics instructions in the life or the value of perceiving the historical experiences over the time?

The last but not least, the studying plan, curriculum, timetable, or any other policy as to the high school should be done by the dexterous experts. Obviously, anybody has no enough knowledge to manipulate the studying plan which is an advanced schedule planned by the experienced directors and prosperous thinkers.

All in all, by taking all above-mentioned argument in consideration, I reiterate that the thought of selecting courses by the disciples is an inappropriate and wrong policy. Since students have no clear view about the materials and it is the work of professional planners to mull over.

students are not enough mature to decide
students are not mature enough to decide