Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Teaching is a considered one of the hardest jobs in my country, Iran. Teachers are who teach generations of students and make them ready to make the society a better place to live. Eventhough some people might agree with the statement because they might think some teachers deserve more or less money based on how much their students learn, some disagree. In my view, teachers should not be paid according to their students for two major reasons.

First, the world needs teachers to teach children with special needs or mental disabilities. Teaching a simple subject can be really challenging when it comes to kids with lower learning abilities. For example, when I was in elementary school my mother founded a first private school, called Athar, for children with Cerebral Pulsy (CP). She started the school because of my sister who has CP. She needed to acquire a different teaching license specialized to teach children with mental disability. This means teaching these children needed new skills and methods and so many times with using all techniques some kids will never learn what is the sum of four and five. If they want to pay teachers based on how much these kids learn, some of these teachers should never be paid. As a result, if they don't pay these teachers, they wouldn't want to teach them just because teachers needs to support themselves and their families with their income.

Second, teachers get bonuses and benefits if they teach well. Therefore, it is not necessary to change their income based on how much their students learn. In other words, if they are exceptionally good at teaching they will get monetary awards and gifts and if they are just a regular teacher, they will get what they have contracted for. For example, my aunt who has retired from teaching English since 10 years ago, was a very amazing teacher. She used to teach a class of 40 students for 40 years. Students with different levels of English used to attend her class. As a great teacher, she used to take a 15-minutes quiz at the beginning of every class. This way all the students had to be ready and prepared to learn a new lesson. By the end of year, all of her students were well prepared for finals. Her success rate was 99% every year. The school and Tehran's mayor used to give her so many awards and honors. So, her average income was higher than other teachers. On the other hand, her other friends were not very good at teaching. So, they used to get the regular income of a teacher in Tehran.

In conclusion, teachers should not be paid based on how much their students learn not only do this discourage teachers who teach special need kids but it is not necessary. I recommend schools to focus on encouraging teachers and maybe having some bonuses and awards rather than focusing on the results. This can motivate teachers to be a better teacher instead of being punished and get paid less because of their students.

No. of Words: 515 while No. of Different Words: 229

the examples are too long. You may put three paragraphs but with shorter examples.

-------------------