Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Schools can use many methods to motivate their teachers and raise the quality of their works. However, paying teachers based on the amount of learning their students have had is wrong. This method cannot work because it does not take into account the differences between people. In addition, it will produces negative pressure on the weak students. Moreover, it may force teachers into favoritism.

First, evaluating a teacher based on the amount of knowledge the students have learned, is equal to expecting all the students of a class to be the same. This, however, is contradictory to our knowledge about human IQ. Almost everyone knows that different people have different IQ levels, and therefore, they have different learning abilities. Thus, it is predictable that the project will fail because not all the students are going to learn all the material in a class.

Second, evaluating teachers in this way may encourage teachers to put extra pressure on the student who are slower in learning. Putting pressure on students will not improve their learning ability. However, there are methods that a good teacher can use to help his students become more motivated and engaging, yet those methods may take long time to take effect. A teacher, who is under the pressure of being evaluated in that way, may not choose the best method, but prefer a short-term solution instead. These methods can result in an increase in the number of dropouts in long-term.

Finally, teachers may show favoritism in their class both consciously and unconsciously. Because the teacher knows that a good student means more money, they subconsciously may like that student more ,and more often act in her favor in the class. Even worse, a teacher may use favoritism as a way of provoking slower students to try to do more. Regardless of the motives, favoritism can never provide a good environment for learning.

As a whole, it is good to try to make students learn better and more, however, paying teachers based on how much students learn will only have the opposite consequences.

Sentence: In addition, it will produces negative pressure on the weak students.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to will and produces

----------------------