Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Use specific details and examples to support your answer.Students should choose a university that prepares them for high paying careers.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Use specific details and examples to support your answer.

Students should choose a university that prepares them for high paying careers.

It is commonly agreed and accepted by the society that professional path or career is a very important part of our lives as adults. Some people believe that an education which prepares the individual for a high paid career is more valuable than an education that offers the possibility of just low paid jobs. In my opinion, it is not important for an individual to choose a university which prepares himself for high paid jobs for few reasons.

First, it is more important to be educated in a field that the person does have at least a little passion for. I sustain this because the time spent daily at work is considerable and the person should enjoy what he or she is doing. For example, my friend from childhood pursued a lawyer career even though she was very shy and didn’t like to speak in public. She had in her mind just the big money that lawyers earn. After five years of hard studying in law school she reached the conclusion that a presumable high paid job will not compensate for the time and struggles encountered on a daily bases.

Second, it is known that money are not a motivational factor. All the social studies about the career satisfaction demonstrate that money play a small role in how much one is satisfied or content with his or her professional life. After the “big salary” euphoria is gone most of the people are unhappy at work if they do not enjoy what they are doing. For example, after I finished my studies in pharmaceutical sciences I was offered a job by a multinational pharmaceutical company as a supervisor in a big factory. At the beginning I was very excited about the salary even though the job was not very challenging. After few months I started to feel that I waste my time and my knowledge so I decided to look for another job where I would be able use my knowledge and apply what I have studied for.

Third, in my believes, if the person is good at what she or he is doing, doesn’t matter if the jobs on that field are low paid because he or she will make money based on their skills and talents. For example, if we speak generally, medical doctor profession is considered one of the best paid jobs. But are all the doctors paid very well? I don’t think so. Just the good doctors who invested passion and hard work are recognized and high paid. This simple fact is applicable for any other profession from the job market.

By way of conclusion, taking in considerations the reasons explored above I am of the opinion that the students should choose their university based on their aspirations, talent and passion.

that money play a small role
that money plays a small role