Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Advertising influences people s behavior in a negative way use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

Advertising is meant to have influence on the behavior of people. However, I believe that its influence is much negative than positive. Advertising shapes the collective behavior of a society to become a consumer one.

First of all, advertisements try to convince the people they need the products that are advertised. In fact, commercials generate false needs to boost the sales figures. For example, my young sister spends a considerable amount of her salary to buy lifting creams, while her skin is still young and firm. She does not need that beauty products but the advertisement has convinced her to do so.

Secondly, advertising industry encourages people to over excessively consume what they need so that generates a high demand for brand new products. For example, my sister throw away her clothes before being used enough and buy very new ones in order to be fashionable, as is advised by the commercials.

Finally, advertising industry lower the self-esteem of the society. The models working for advertising companies are perceived as the icons of happiness, luxury, and well-being. Thus, people try to imitate them. They feel unworthy if they don't look like those models. Therefore, they spend lots of money to feel satisfied with their appearance.

In summary, advertising generate false needs in society, encourage the people to buy things they may not necessarily need, and cast the idea on their mind that the only socially acceptable appearance is what is provided by the commercials' models. Therefore, I believe that advertising has negative influence on the people's behavior.

advertising industry lower the self-esteem of the society
advertising industry lowers the self-esteem of the society

advertising generate false needs in society, encourage the people
advertising generates false needs in society, encourages the people