Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:It is more important to keep your old fiends than it is to make new friends.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
It is more important to keep your old fiends than it is to make new friends.

Human beings are social creatures which leave in groups their entire life. The importance of friendship inside these groups is an undeniable fact. Views differ greatly when it comes to statement that, whether keeping your old friends is more important than forming new ones or not. Some people believe that you have to be faithful to your old friends while others have a negative opinion and hold completely opposite view and believe that making new friends plays a crucial role in evolving one person through life. Although there are some benefits and drawbacks in both side, I do believe that the advantages of making new friends far outweigh that of the later attitude. Among many reason why I hold this opinion three of which are learning new things, circumstances and evolving the society. The following paragraphs will substantiate the most outstanding reasons.

The most important reason that is worth mentioning is that, when we are making new friends, we also learn new things. There are vast type of people among the ones we choose as friend and with each one of them we learn new things. I can give you thousands of examples for these. I had a friend who I learned about electricity and robotics from him, a friend that thought me about literature and the one with a good taste in music. And the point is if I was holding to one of them I couldn't find others.

Furthermore, the other significant reason is that, sometimes you cannot get what you want and circumstances will deprive you from that. I can provide you with one example to clear that. Among the friends mentioned in previous paragraph I really wanted to keep the musician around. But at the end of high school when we entered university, we went to different city . Although there was some ways to keep in touch but eventually it would cost a lot for both of us and it was inevitable for our friendship to reduce day by day.

And the last but not the least reason justifying the claim is the result of studies on such issues. The noteworthy intelligible statistics, revealed by a recently conducted social research, demonstrate that in the societies which people are less dependent on what they hold dear, they can progress faster toward their goal. Although the famous quote says: “if you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go with someone”, I think in a society we are all together and friendship is just some internal matter for the whole community. So if all the members go fast we have a lot of people who are moving fast and far.

To make a long story short, based on above mentioned arguments and some other reason and examples, supporting the claim, which are not mentioned above, beside the irrefutable virtue of being faithful to your old friends, I believe making new friends are more important than that. Therefore, I believe one can make new friends without feeling guilty of betrayal. May we and our friends find a better friend in the next person to come.

making new friends are more important
making new friends is more important

Write the essay in 30 minutes. The introduction paragraph is too long.