Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Taking a part-time job seems to be most teenagers' choice to earn some extra allowance. However, I disagree with the statement that parents should help their teenage children prepare for adult life through encouraging them to take a part-time job, because the job could be a distraction from schoolwork and a risky decision if they choose the wrong job.

Apart from the time spending on study, teenage kids probably do not have extra hours to work. If they insist taking a job, it might have a bad influence on their academic performance. Take my college roommate, Kathy, for example; she wanted t...