Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?You should not believe everything you read in the newspaper.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
You should not believe everything you read in the newspaper.

Every day we encounter a flood of news published in the media such as newspapers. Although a great amount of news is based on proved evidences, there would be information which can not be reliable. And I personally believe that you can rely on the reports in the newspapers, provided they are perfectly proved for the following reasons.

Undoubtedly, the media can be influenced by different factors which makes them unreliable. One factor would be the widespread belief in some happenings among people. Obviously, some news just report what has been quoted by people. Although a large number of people accept them, they are not reasonable facts to believe. For, they might have changed while circulating among people and turned to a fallacious thinking such as rumors. Another reason could be the biased journalists who write and edit the news. They can modify or adjust the information due to their desirable faiths and credence s especially in case they carry intolerant or prejudiced opinions.

Furthermore, sometimes there are political reasons imposed by the government or by people of high social ranks who are in charge of critical responsibilities in the society. They might decide not to reveal a fact or incident or alter them. Since it would destroy the convenience and peaceful life of populace and leads to a panic or threaten their own welfare and reputation. For instance, in some cases some governments change the statistics and record deceptive information about the economic recession to hide the crises from the residents and save the governmental benefits.

In conclusion, due to the fact that a considerable amount of reported things have been affected by several irrational stimuli, it is always better not to believe in anything we hear and see in news until it is proved by logical reasons.

by different factors which makes them unreliable.
by different factors which make them unreliable.