Do you agree or disagree?It is more important to keep your old friend than it is to make new friend.

Friends are hard to find. In a lifetime you get only a few whom you know by sight and by heart. It is good to make new friends but it is more important to keep old friends in mind. When you are in new relationship always keep remember the people who came in your life before new friend. I agree with the statement that it is important to keep your old friend than it is to make new friend. It's always good to go in new friendship but keep in touch with old ones. I have some points to discuss this further.

First of all human nature is based on logical and practical thinking. It improves with the age and how you form social relation with the society. It is always helpful be social and make new contacts or friends. For example, when you are looking for a new job , you need help from your social group to forward your resume or to give you information about new opportunities. And you ask them only when you have established relationship with your old friends and new friends. you never know when somebody will help you unexpectedly.

Secondly, it is not just about getting help from somebody. When you have sad demise in your life or some exciting good news you want to share with somebody besides your family you have to have friends which are in with your contact from long time. Who really appreciates you and care for you. I remember, when I got my first job there was no one around me but when I gave call to my best friend I really felt appreciated.

Third thing is friendship really matters when its old. Your old friend knows you better than anyone. He can guide you through difficult situation and can help out without hesitation. Always keep old friends around so You will never feel alone or depressed.

Last but not least, nobody finds good friends easily. Friendship is give and take relationship where you need to be available to expect help from somebody. Keeping old friends can save your life in some situations.

to have friends which are in
to have friends who are in

In the second paragraph, you were talking about the advantages of old friends or new friends? or both?

It should be clear.