Home >> .

Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

naznazu's picture

Transportation has been one of the big issues for humankind. Some people prefer to use public transportation and some of them prefer to use their self-car. In my view, having a good public transportation can encourage people to use public vehicles instead of their self-car. Therefore, investigating on railways is a good way to improve public transportation and persuading people to use it.

First of all, spending more money on railroads can make less traffic. On the other hand, using self-car by each person make heavy traffic. Governments should find ways to improve the quality of countries. One of the best ways to increase the quality of life in each city is light traffic. For instance, my husband has been in the related situation two years before. He had two job offer in two different cities. One of them was in San Marcos California and one of them was in Bentonville Arkansas. He has confused in that period of time. Finally he talked to someone who has lived in both states. He told my husband: California's cities are crazy, but Arkansas has some small cities and there is no traffic. My husband is a traffic freak, so he decided to accept the job offer in Arkansas.

Second of all, expanding the public transportation can help to have a clear sky and non polluted air for breathing. Clean air is a really important advantage in each region. Government can make it easy by paying more attention to the railroads and spend more money to expand the railways.

Finally, the rate of murder by accident is going to decrease by more using of public transportation. Nowadays people are going to buy new models cars and use the highest speed in roads. It can make the roads dangerous.

To sum up, government can have a big effect on humans' life by planning to spend the budget in a right way and in public transportation.

Your rating: None Average: 6 (1 vote)