Holidays honor people or events. If you could create a holiday what person or event would it honor and how would you want people to celebrate it.

This is an interesting topic and I am glad to be given an opportunity to write something on this topic.

Holidays are very special and every holiday has its unique significance. Every country has several holidays. I believe in peace and I am totally against terrorism. If I were to create a holiday, it would be September 11. I would implement this in all the countries. This day had a huge impact not only in the United States but also in the other countries of the world. The terror and the devastation that the New York City experienced was heart breaking. Every year in September when I watch the documentary on the television, it not only makes me emotional but also makes me extremely agitated. In spite of killing the culprit, I still do not feel at peace. It stills feels incomplete to me. The reason for that is recently several terrorist attacks happen in several countries.There are certain nations and or certain groups, who are causing harm in the name of power. The root cause of terrorism is greed, power and malice. In order to address such an important issue, I personally believe observing a Holiday make a huge impact.

On this particular day, I would want people to run a marathon or do a protest in some peaceful form against terrorism. In my opinion, dirty politics have created this diabolic act. Each and everyone needs to get together and fight against terrorism and have to ask our government to stop this game of being super powerful. We need to urge for a safer and better world. By declaring a holiday and by doing a protest, the government will realize that they have to make our country safer and make sure that they do not get into a mess of creating a new terrorist anywhere else in the world.

Also, on the television it will be nice to show movies and documentaries of great leaders like Mother Theresa, His Holiness Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi. These movies will reinstate the message of true leaders and fight for peace.These great leaders are icon of true leadership and humanity.

In order to address greed, people need to participate in some voluntary task to educate the youngsters to be humble. Families can get together to donate things on that day. I understand lot of people will debate that people can do these things on any given Sunday.

But I think, if we dedicate a special holiday for these things, no matter how busy a person is, he or she will make sure to participate in atleast one event. Trust me this will make a huge difference to tackle our biggest problem.

Terrorism is becoming a huge threat to the mankind. Therefore, I personally think to address such a major threat, we need a holiday, so that people can collaborate and make some serious efforts to eradicate this malicious act. Since, Sept 11 is by far the most ruthless terrorist attack, it is appropriate that we select that day as a holiday.

observing a Holiday make a huge impact.
observing a Holiday makes a huge impact.

Sentence: But I think, if we dedicate a special holiday for these things, no matter how busy a person is, he or she will make sure to participate in atleast one event.
Error: atleast Suggestion: at least

Number of Paragraphs: 7 5 //paragraphs are too short.

better to have 4-5 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion

or:

para 1: introduction
para 2: idea one.
para 3: however, idea two
para 4: in my opinion...