it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct

it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct.

We are living in a high competitive world developing in leaps and bounds. It seems like everything is appearing and moving in a hurry to follow the pace of modern society. Some people think that you'd better to catch up with others before the gap is too big to close, while others still insist work to details and not so fast. Personally speaking, I disagree with the statement that it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct. In this essay, I will elaborate my reasons.

First of all, working slowly and carefully can guarantee results of higher quality. Although we are facing a fast chancing world in this era, people still appreciate flawless great products made by slow but scrupulous hands more than those have lots of notable shortcomings. For example, the recently most popular technology company, Apple, was rarely the first company to enter several burgeoning fields. But for most of the time Apple dominated the markets with their new products made with great care and never let their customers suffer the mistakes of their own engineers like other companies did in order to get into the market first. That's how the Apple won the reputation for making reliable devices and eventually gained great success.

Secondly, some mistakes should not be risked so it's better to slow down and refine the works. Imagine if the car you are driving today was made by a manufacturer who did not pay too much care just because it was in a hurry to sell. I assume that will upset you greatly whenever you are driving the car because in term of safety a single mistake of the company can cost our lives. What's more, in some projects even if we tried our best to prevent mistakes but some accidents happened any way. Just think about how many times human has failed the rocket launching and how many lives were lost in those explosions of the rockets in the sky. So there are still huge risks even if we use the best minds and greatest care, what's the reason to fast the pace and risk even more?

In a nutshell, because working slowly with care is likely to have better work results and some risks are so huge that they are unacceptable, people should not work too fast.