Essay topics: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the
way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
It is an unquestionable fact that today we have an opportunity to spend less time on cooking. At the same time, there is no unanimous opinion about aftermaths of this change and some of our contemporaries assume that it has negative consequences on our health and lives, however, as far as I am concerned the positive aftermaths, which will be discussed in details below, definitely outweigh the negative ones.
Probably, the most obvious advantage of the change is the fact that today we have to spend less time on cooking. In fact, one hundred years ago an average woman had to spend hours on the kitchen to feed her children and husband, a process of preparing food was tedious and long, for instance, to made a coup she ought to find all ingredients, wash, chop and boil them and it is the only first step of the process. By contrast, today we can buy a frozen pizza, put it in a microwave and dinner is prepared.
Moreover, an opportunity to prepare food swifter than it used to be has a deep impact on role of woman in European society. Perhaps, this change has made female and male more equal. Preparing food used to require from a person to have expertise and knowledge about the field and woman was an embodiment of it, as a result, males tended to associate their wives with this occupation, fortunately, today when no particular skills are needed to prepare modern food and children as well as men may buy food at store and quickly prepare it, women's role has stopped to be limited by the kitchen and they have more time which they can devote to their own business.
Of course, some of us are prone to see negative effects of the change on our society and particularly health. A part of population believes that preservatives used in such a type of food causes harm to your health. However, this belief has no valid evidence at least as far as I know. Moreover, some scientists who are specialized at food preservation maintain that modern food are much safer than it used to be in particular because of the specially created preservatives which guarantee that food will be not suddenly spoiled.
In conclusion, today we live in the world when everyone can buy food which can be easily prepared without usage of special tools or knowledge. Although many of us tend to underestimate the importance of this change, I profoundly believe that it has changed our society in many ways and allowed men and women become equal.
- The text was uploaded as a picture. I am sorry for that. (80)
- Read and think about the following statement:The college years are the best time in a person's life.Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons to support your opinion. (80)
- Read and think about the following statement: pets should be treated like family members.Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons to support your opinion. (80)
- Do computers think? It isn't a new question. In fact, Alan Turing, a British mathematician, proposed an experiment to answer the question in 1950 and the test, known as the Turing test, is still used today. In the experiment a group of people are asked to (80)
- Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first (80)
- Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made important contributions to the people of the United States. Name another world leader you think is important. Give specific reasons for your choice. (90)
- Films can tell us a lot about the country in which they were made. What haveyou learned about a country from watching its movies? Use specific examplesand details to support your response. (80)
- Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group ofstudents. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to supportyour answer. (80)
- You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Whichwould you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. (80)
- Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved theway people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)