Essay topics: Some people prefer to live in the countryside or in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
Living in the countryside has some advantages, such as clean environment and lack of traffic problems. However, I personally prefer to live in a big city. The reasons why I hold this stance will be elaborated in the paragraphs below.
One of the reasons is that in a big city such as Moscow, people have myriad of feasibilities to gain career growth. There are a lot of different kind of businesses in the big cities. The main offices of the majority of the biggest companies concentered there. Moreover, these offices have scores of branches as well. If a person wants to advance through the ranks of a company in a fast pace, it is better to move to a the megapolis. Although people, who live in the countryside, can progress in the career too, they need much more time to do this because most of the companies located there are small and do not have a lot of position available. To that end, big cities are the best choice to live for the individuals who want to excel.
Another reason is that life in a big city is very dynamic. There is a variety of theaters, stadiums and sport complexes to explore in the big city. Everyone there can find an activity he likes. My own experience illustrates it very well. I was living in Moscow as a student, and my leisure was always very dense. Visiting tremendous amount of the entertaining places and meeting new people helped me to stay busy all the time and enjoy life. If a person is very active and wants to obtain a lot of new friends, he needs to live in the big city. Despite on the opinion that in the countryside people can find things to do, mostly the life in there is not so astonishing and interesting as in the big city. So, life in the big city is full of the fascinating moments.
To recapitulate, I feel that life in a big city is more advantageous. This is because people who live there have a lot of job opportunities and involved in the myriad of marvelous activities. All things considered, it is reasonable to assume that the big city in the best place to live.
- Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer (76)
- Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer (66)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (66)
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (76)
- It has recently been announced that a large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer (70)
- A person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay. (83)
- Should government spend more money on improving roads and highways, or on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons to develop your essay. (68)
- Should government spend more money on improving roads and highways, or on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons to develop your essay. (73)
- In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details. (73)
- We all work or will work in our jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why these characteristics are i (73)