Some young children spend a great amount of their time practicing sports. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Sports, whether team-based or individual, are a great activity for children that provide a variety of benefits other than physical activity. Participation in sports can help build self-esteem and confidence, can motivate children to excel academically and can help build social skills. Participation also can teach children the benefits of goal-setting and practice. However, spending lot of time in practicing sports sometimes leads to some disadvantages also. I would like to discuss both, advantages and disadvantages as follows.

First,physical activity is the most obvious benefit of sports practicing. Children often spend too much time watching television or playing video games. But sports practices and games provide an opportunity for exercise that can help keep kids in shape and healthy. On the other hand, sometimes students become so engrossed in sports , they forget about family values and spending time with relatives. So in that case, they need to concentrate less on practice and give more importance to family gatherings. For example, my brother, when he was 12, he was part of a base ball team. Whenever we used to have holiday celebration or other occasion, he was out of the house every time. Many of our relatives used to think, I am the only son to my parents.

Second, Sports participation can help children develop social skills that will benefit them throughout their entire lives. They learn to interact not only with other children their age, but also with older individuals in their coaches and sports officials. Kids learn leadership skills, team-building skills and communication skills that will help them in school, their future career and personal relationships.

However, some students develop some relation problems, when they play in teams. Arguments with team members leads to violence and eventually The get expelled from team. For example, my friend was in a basket ball team for 15 yrs. He had a huge friend circle and fan club. But due to some reason, he had an argument with one newcomer. Instead of supporting old member, all the people supported new guy. It was very disappointing for my friend. Eventually he went in to depression.

All in all, Sport is a very good Physical and mental exercise. But the person who act wisely, can understand importance of it. Spending too much time on anything is not good. Time is money and we have to use it carefully to develop ourselves.

Arguments with team members leads to violence
Arguments with team members lead to violence

But due to some reason,
But due to some reasons,

But the person who act wisely
But the person who acts wisely