TOEFL essay: Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of student. Which do you prefer ? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Essay topics

Everybody has his own way to understand,study and memorize things and every technique has its pros and cons. Someone will prefer to study alone as they have got distracted by other's presence and found difficulty to concentrate in their own subjects. But according to me, I prefer to study in a group due to following reasons.

To start with, sometimes it is difficult to unveil the inner meaning or reason behind the curtain by oneself alone. If we are studying in a group, when one is unable to comprehend the meaning of certain part of the study then other students who have understood the facts can explain it to the former. Moreover, due to exchange of views among the group members the concept has become more vivid to all of them and they can interpret it through different angles. For example, there are different ways to solve a mathematical problem, so in a group everyone will be posed to different methods. It will inculcate the respect to others' quality and a quality of acceptance of different view. Respect and acceptance to others' view are very important to come in a conclusion to solve a problem. For example, in performing a project together, it will help all students to do work harmoniously and effectively.

Moreover, group study helps to develop and improve the communication skills of the students. If one of students is very shy to open up in front of others and feel lack of confidence, in group study while explaining the points to others he will gradually become comfortable to deal with peoples.

Last not least, group study also helps to build up the tolerance in person because sometimes when one has found that another member has pointed out the causes wrongly and unwilling to negotiate with others, he has to restrain his annoyance and try to make him understand why he is wrong. It will help him in later life in his profession to maintain a good relationship with his other colleagues.

In conclusion, in my opinion described above group study has lots of advantages and it will nurture our good qualities which will help us to stride forward in building future career. Thus, I love to study in a group.