TOPIC # 56 A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment. Which do you think the company should choose?

The world nowadays suffers a lot from different problem. One of these problems is pollution. Our environment, air and water, is highly polluted. Therefore, I believe that if a company wanted to donate money to support either art or environment, I think that it is better to support environment for the following reasons.

First of all, contributing money to improve environment helps to reduce pollution and improve people's health. Today cancer increases in alarming pace; abnormalities among newborns also increase; diseases of different kinds afflict people at different ages. For example, there is a study that shows that asthma has spread widely in last decades to reach double what it was in eighties. Thus, donating money to assist in improving environment to make air and water less polluted would help enhance the healthy status of people in general and reduce the incidence of various diseases.

Giving money to develop environment would help many other things besides humans’ health. By planting trees, more animals like birds, butterflies could come back to live in cities. Because of cutting a lot of trees, many birds and butterflies either migrated or became extinct. When they return back, our cities could get more beautiful. Birds have gorgeous colors and sounds when chirp. Butterflies pollinate flowers that pleased viewers. Thus, our cities would become nicer and more pleasant place to live in.

Supporting environment helps lessen our reliance on fossil fuels. Our dependence on fossil fuels leads to escalate the problem of pollution and to utilize so much of Earth's natural resources. A company can give money to supply some factories or houses with solar panels to harness the solar energy which is environmental friendly. By this way a company may contribute to provide power for long term, and to limit pollution in air because of poison gases emitted from burning fuels. As a result, we can enjoy a healthy environment and we can save some of our natural resources for next generations.

To sum up, it is better for a company to support environment than to support art. By doing so, a company might help people to have healthy, wonderful environment, and help saving natural resources. I wish that each large company donates some of its money to improve and develop environment.

from different problem.
from different problems.

in alarming pace;
in an alarming pace;

When they return back,
When they return ,

would become nicer and more pleasant place to live in.
would become nicer and more pleasant to live in.
would become a nicer and more pleasant place to live in.