TPO-12 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to have broad knowledge of many academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

As a matter of fact, people have had a tendency to learn anything during the history. This aspect of human has some advantages and some disadvantages. Some people think that having a background of each subject will help them to be pioneer. On the other hand, every person have limited time, money and energy, so scientist and other professionals cannot be expert in the variety of majors.

First and foremost, a person should be focus in one major to complete his/her knowledge in that area. For example, imagine a doctor who like to know about many majors. Obviously, he cannot be aware of each single problem in the human's heath. Undoubtedly, he will lose many detailed information in any major.

Second, gathering many data in people's mind is a kind of waste of time, because he/she should spend many hours to learn a lot. Additionally, he/she cannot use these valuable information, because he/she spent his/her time by just learning anything and reading many materials. For instance, my father is a doctor, but he is a general doctor. He knows about anything, but his knowledge is not useful for the society, because he spend most of his time in his office to learn about new technologies.

Last but not least, learning many lessons and going to many courses needs money. Especially, in some countries such as Unites States each person have to spend a huge amount of money to go to a university. Most families have a medium salary jobs and they cannot afford it. Consequently, children in the poor families will decide to leave university or do not start it. Instead of this plan, people can persuade their kids to choose one major and try to be an expert in that area. This new strategy is much better, because students do not have to study any major and they can choose between varieties of majors and be successful in their favorite area.

To sum up, although some people think that having many information is better in all situation, many people know about some disadvantages in this topic and they will avoid of being in that attractive trap.

every person have limited time
every person has limited time

a person should be focus in one major
a person should focus on one major

a doctor who like to
a doctor who likes to

because he spend most of his time in his office
because he spends most of his time in his office

each person have to spend a huge amount of money
each person has to spend a huge amount of money

learning many lessons and going to many courses needs money.
learning many lessons and going to many courses need money.

----------------------