Tpo6. Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when grandparents were children. Agree or disagree.

Considering the proposed question, I should mention that controversy exists over whether nowadays, life becomes more convenient in comparison with time when our grandparents were children or not. In my view, life is more satisfactory in many aspects than the time of our grandparents’ childhood for two reasons.

First aspect to point out is that advancement in technology improve our lives. By passing times, our brilliant scientists are carrying out many researches to accomplish the perfect achievement in various fields such as medical science, education, and communication. In the past, people died from fatal diseases such as different kinds of cancers due to lack of facilities in health care services such as inaccessibility to diagnostic medical techniques, which today, assist doctors to diagnosis these terminal diseases, prevented sick people to recover. Technology also in another area such as education has benefited many people. Today, children are not required to hire private instructors to keep up with other classmates. There are a lot of educational video on many websites can be downloaded with paying nothing. This means students can bring tutors to their houses free. Let me take another example of practical usage of technology in communication. Many years ago if people who lived other countries wanted to visit their relatives, they had to take a long journey to arrive and the cost of transportation means were not affordable. Today people from various economic level are able without paying money to communicate with their friends abroad just through having access to the high speed Internet. As you can see, today’s living conditions are not comparable to those in our grandparents’ childhood.

Along with technology, people’s life style have changed positively. People replaced many old customs with acceptable traditions. For instance, in the past, newly-married couples had to live with the groom’s family members. The worst part was that the bird was responsible for doing all household chores such as cooking food, cleaning house, and washing dishes by herself. Because of huge responsibilities, many conflicts could arise between bride and groom. On the other hand, now, young couple have their own ways. They have more independence. Their parents have no expectation from them, so they feel relieved from all stress and the huge burden. Moreover, parents can go to work for their tasks. Having connection to the Internet enables them to stay and do their jobs at home. So not only do not they have to commute to their works, but they also have more time to spend with their children. Thanks to the technology again which provides people with modern style and convenient life.

In sum, both enhancements in technology and people’s life style offer them peaceful life without being involved in many difficulties to deal with which were common in the past. I hope that all people appreciate whatever they have had just by comparison.

that advancement in technology improve our lives
that the advancement in technology improves our lives

There are a lot of educational video on many websites can be downloaded
There are a lot of educational video on many websites which can be downloaded

people’s life style have changed positively
people’s life styles have changed positively

So not only do not they have to commute to their works, but they also have more time to spend
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly.