Car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power, the internal-combustion engine. By far the most promising alternative source of energy for cars is the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine, wh

Car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power, the internal-combustion engine. By far the most promising alternative source of energy for cars is the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine, which uses hydrogen to create electricity that, in turn, powers the car. Fuel-cell engines have several advantages over internal-combustion engines and will probably soon replace them.

One of the main problems with the internal-combustion engine is that it relies on petroleum, either in the form of gasoline or diesel fuel. Petroleum is a finite resource; someday, we will run out of oil. The hydrogen needed for fuel-cell engines cannot easily be depleted. Hydrogen can be derived from various plentiful sources, including natural gas and even water. The fact that fuel-cell engines utilize easily available, renewable resources makes them particularly attractive.

Second, hydrogen-based fuel cells are attractive because they will solve many of the world's pollution problems. An unavoidable by-product of burning oil is carbon dioxide, and carbon dioxide harms the environment. On the other hand, the only byproduct of fuel-cell engines is water.

Third, fuel-cell engines will soon be economically competitive because people will spend less money to operate a fuel-cell engine than they will to operate an internal-combustion engine. This is true for one simple reason: a fuel-cell automobile is nearly twice as efficient in using its fuel as an automobile powered by an internal-combustion engine is. In other words, the fuel-cell powered car requires only half the fuel energy that the internal-combustion powered car does to go the same distance.

Essay topics in audio

In this set of material, the reading passage mainly discussed that the hydrogen-based fuel-cell can be suitable and efficient substitute for the internal-combustion engine and provides three reasons to support the claim. While the professor casts doubt on what is presented in the reading and mentions some reasons to repudiate the reading's points.

First of all, based on what the reading states the hydrogen can drive form different resources that are not irreversible in contrast with the oil and gas sources. Whereas the professors presents ample evidence to oppose this reason. He says that in spite of availability of the hydrogen in the nature, it is not easily usable. It needs high-tech and advanced technology.

Although the reading claims that it is less harmful for the environment than that of oil; on the contrast, the professor counters with this point by saying that using hydrogen would polluted the environment even more. Gaining pure hydrogen needs lots of energy and the energy is generated from burning the oil or coal. Hence, if the car do not pollute the air, the manufactures would.

Finally, the author of the reading believes that this policy is economically beneficial; on the other hand, the professor refuses this reason. He named that the expenses of manufacturing and especial substance, is necessitate for chemical reactions and the researchers are not success to find cheaper material instead of it, would really costly and cut down the benefits.

can be suitable and efficient substitute
can be a suitable and efficient substitute

can drive form different resources
can drive from different resources

using hydrogen would polluted the environment even more
using hydrogen would pollute the environment even more

if the car do not pollute the air
if the car does not pollute the air

is necessitate for chemical reactions
is necessary for chemical reactions

Definitions of necessitate
verb
make (something) necessary as a result or consequence.
"the severe arthritis eventually necessitated a total hip replacement"
synonyms: make necessary, entail, involve, mean, require, demand, call for, be grounds for, warrant, constrain, force

and the researchers are not success to find cheaper material
and the researchers are not successful to find cheaper materials

would really costly and cut down the benefits.
Description: what is the subject for this sentence?