Child disciplining-integrated

Child disciplining-integrated

According to the passage, the methods for disciplining children can be classified as three main categories: power strategy which involves physical punishment as well as withdrawing a privilege, withholding affection, and management strategy. The professor discusses the correlation between the self-esteem of children and the disciplining methods they have experienced.

He explains that research shows that using power to react to the behaviors of children leads to low self-esteem among them. In contrast, the management method results in high self-esteem. Thus, he suggests that using power or withholding affection should be approached cautiously by parents. The passage also indicates that withholding affection is a major cause for nervousness and being undetermined about their behaviors in children who experienced such methods.

Moreover, he contends that children perceive physical punishment as harm whereas disciplining means teaching to them. This is in agreement with the passage that says children who were disciplined by power method may hate their parents and tend to have an aggressive and hostile attitude in future.

Finally, the professor says that for effective disciplining parents should set limits and define good behavior for their kids.Then, they should reinforce good behavior by positive reactions. The passage also argues that for a successful disciplining strategy, parents should set rules, and keep the consequences of breaking those rules consistent with the childrens' behavior.

Sentence: The passage also argues that for a successful disciplining strategy, parents should set rules, and keep the consequences of breaking those rules consistent with the childrens' behavior.
Error: childrens Suggestion: children