consequences of raising fossil trade

consequences of raising fossil trade

The article states that since eighteen century fossil trade trend has raised sharply as far as it has become a widespread business, and the author provides three reasons of support in order that presents unpleasant consequences of which. However, the lecturer casts doubt on author's belief and repudiates the reasons.

The first point posed in the passage considers public right of observing fossils abused by private collectors who buy fossils and do not let people see them. As a result, the public's enthusiast for fossils diminishes. By way of contrast, the professor claims that not only do public tend to visit collectors' fossils as they expose them, but also can purchase the fossils; even those with low-level public institution such as schools and libraries.

Another significant concept mentioned by the writer is regarding scientists’ disposal of fossils which would be limited due to the commercial collectors and subsequently scientists are able to detect neither extinct animals' ecosystem nor their habitats. The lecturer challenges this claim by stating that these are the scientists who identify whether remains are valuable or not by performing detail examinations and tests at the first time when they are unearthed. Consequently, scientific community would not miss any fossils many of which are bought by collectors.

At last, the reading posits that commercial fossil collectors are uninitiated and because of their lack of experience they wreck fossils. For instance, they do not care about fossils while they are digging out the earth in order to extract them. In contrast, the professor declares that although collectors may hurt fossils sometimes, they are the most substantial finders of those fossils and without their efforts many fossils would not be discovered yet in that there are not adequate both schools and scientific institutions that browse for them. Moreover, even if we cannot access to all scientific data as a result of collectors’ damage, it is more worthwhile to have more fossils instead.

not only do public tend to visit collectors' fossils as they expose them, but also can purchase the fossils;
not only do public tend to visit collectors' fossils as they expose them, but also they can purchase the fossils;

Write the essay in 20 minutes.