In an effort to encourage ecologically sustainable forestry practices, an international organization started issuing certifications to wood companies that meet high ecological standards by conserving resources and recycling materials. Companies that rece

The article is about eco certification in which wood companies meet high ecological standards by conserving resources and recycling materials. Companies receive this certification to lure the consumers. But the author states that American consumers are not easy to attract and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that there are some good reasons that Americans can think of buying ecocertified wood and refutes author's each point.

First, the reading claims that American consumers are exposed to so much advertising that they would not pay attention to certified labels. The professor refutes this point by saying that every American doesn't think in the same way. He adds that Americans don't treat all advertisement the same. They compare claims made by independent consumer agency and by their own products. They distinguish between them. If they think, certified products are more trustworthy, they will buy it.

Second, the reading posits that ecocertified wood will be more expensive and Americans like to buy inexpensive products. The professor makes joke by saying who doesn't want cheap products. However, he adds that Americans will compare the prices with certified wood and if the difference is less than 5%, chances are they will think ecological than economical.

Third, the reading states that American wood companies sell most of their products in united states catering to a very large customer base that is satisfied with the merchandise. According to the professor, American companies should pay attention to foreign companies not just for consumers but for competition. If don't, foreign companies will crowd in USA and domestic companies will be out of work.

certified products are more trustworthy, they will buy it.
Description: 'it' refers to what? Be sensitive to use 'it'.