Integrated tpo

Integrated tpo

Both the passage and the professor discuss about the controversial issue that is related to zebra mussel. The passage’s opinion is that the invasion of the zebra mussel cannot be stopped which leads to a serious threat to freshwater fish population and it provides three main reasons to support its claim. However, the professor is skeptical about the passage’s reasoning way accordingly, contradicts each reason which is mentioned by the author.

First, the reading claims that the history of the zebra mussels spread shows that the species will soon colonize and they will increase their population all of the North America. While the professor does not like to accept this idea and he explains that the local people who lived in the past decades did not have any knowledge about the way that these kinds of species used to spread. These days, thanks to developing technology, the scholars have enough information to limit the rate of invasion and stop it.

Second, the passage posits that the zebra mussels do well under different circumstances and they dominate their habitats. However, the professor explains that this species increase the rate of reproduction in the beginning while after that, if the predators find them as a new food source, they have to change their habitat because is not suitable for them. So the professor does not accept this idea that zebra mussel often have no predators in their new habitats.

Third, the passage stresses on the competition of zebra mussels with the overall fish population in habitats because they compete for food when eat plankton. On the other hand, the professor cast doubt on this approach and he states that although the zebra mussel has negative impact on the population of certain fish that eat plankton, it has positive impact on the population of other fishes.

the professor is skeptical about the passage’s reasoning way accordingly, contradicts each reason which is mentioned by the author.
the professor is skeptical about the passage’s reasoning way accordingly, and contradicts each reason which is mentioned by the author.

because is not suitable for them
because it is not suitable for them

that zebra mussel often have no predators in their new habitats.
that zebra mussels often have no predators in their new habitats.

because they compete for food when eat plankton.
because they compete for food when (they are) eating plankton.

the history of the zebra mussels spread shows that
the history of the zebra mussel's spread shows that

Sentence: However, the professor explains that this species increase the rate of reproduction in the beginning while after that, if the predators find them as a new food source, they have to change their habitat because is not suitable for them.
Description: The fragment species increase the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace increase with verb, past tense

Around 250 words wanted