In many organizations perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages First of all a group of people has a wider range of knowledge exper

In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages. First of all, a group of people has a wider range of knowledge,expertise, and skills than any single individual is likely to possess. Also, because of the numbers of people involved and the greater resources they possess, a group can work more quickly in response to the task assigned to it and can come up with highly creative solutions to problems and issues. Sometimes these creative solutions come about because a group is more likely to make risky decisions that an individual might not undertake. This is because the group spreads responsibility for a decision to all the members and thus no single individual can be held accountable if the decision turns out to be wrong.

Taking part in a group process can be very rewarding for members of the team. Team members who have a voice in making a decision will no doubt feel better about carrying out the work that is entailed by the decision than they might doing work that is imposed on them by others. Also, the individual team member has a much better chance to “shine”, to get his or her contributions and ideas not only recognized but recognized as highly significant, because a team’s overall results can be more far-reaching and have greater impact than what might have otherwise been possible for the person to accomplish or contribute working alone.

Essay topics in audio

The article states that it is better for a company to give projects to groups instead of individuals and provides three reasons for it. However, the professor explains that group is not so beneficial and refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the reading states that there is more chance to shine in a group. The professor disputes this point by saying that there are always some members in group who are inactive and expect others to work for group. He states an example of a company which gave a project to a group and after 6 months the company saw that there is one person in group who didn't contribute in group because he thinks that the whole group will responsible for the work.

Second, the article posits that a group has wider range of knowledge and experience which causes more creativity in working on project. However, the professor says that in his case, when a team member came with an idea he think is creative, others ignore his idea by claiming that the directions wont work.

Third, the reading specifies that a team is able to work more quickly since team members can act more risky. The professor oppose this point by saying that it takes so much time for a team to agree about the procedure and everything.

the whole group will responsible for the work.
the whole group will be responsible for the work.

an idea he think is creative,
an idea he thinks is creative,

The professor oppose this point
The professor opposes this point