"READING PASSAGE"A truly amazing characteristic of human memory is that all people seem to experience a certain type of very specific amnesia, or the inability to remember events that have occurred in their lives. This particular kind of amnesia, which is

Both the reading and the lecture talk about ''childhood amnesia''. The reading states that this amnesia occurs in people at some points of their lives. People are not able to recall events that happened when they were three until five years old. The reading claims that it causes are unknown. In the same direction, the listener provides some points that might help explains the causes.

First of all , the listener states that different theories have been explained, but one has been chosen as the most accurate. This one claims that childhood amnesia is due to encode expressions. For instances, young people organized their thoughts '' randomly'', in other words disorganized. Whereas, adults are different, they have an organized system for their thoughts. As a result, they can remember past events. Also, children don't associate events, thus memories don't last enough to be recalled.

Another noteworthy aspect mentions by the listener is that children have a point in their lives where their thoughts improve and become organized. Thus, they begin to act as adults. For example, in people's brain there is an area known as hypo campus. Because this is not fully develop in children, they cannot save their thoughts. But, adults are different, they have a developed hypo campus, so they can organize their thoughts in a logical manner.

In conclusion, the listener states that hypo campus doesn't work in children when they are three or four years old. But, after this age, it begins to development and to work properly.

it causes are unknown
its causes are unknown

that might help explains the causes.
that might help explain the causes.
that might help to explain the causes.

Another noteworthy aspect mentions by the listener is that
Another noteworthy aspect mentioned by the listener is that

Because this is not fully develop in children
Because this is not fully developed in children

it begins to development and to work properly.
it begins to develop and to work properly.

The correct pattern:

para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3

Don't need a conclusion paragraph.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster