Recently there have been protests and demonstration here on our campus as well as at many other places about medical research performed on animals what is sometimes called vivisection It is natural that people are concerned about the ethical treatmen

The listening opposes the medical research done on animals, which is done to produce new medicines to reduce human suffering. This claim is not in agreement with that of the reading passage, which supports the vivisection of animals as an essential mode of research that is inevitable.

According to lecture, there is no proof that the antibiotics or medicines that had been produced as a result of research on animals would not have been possible without this approach. It could be people would have used other methods to develop these medicines and drugs. In addition, there has been medicines like quinione, ether, and aspirin that were produced without any experiment on animals. The passage, by contrast claims that these discoveries would not have been possible without vivisection and examining of animals.

The second point of difference between the lecture and passage concerns the possible substitutes for animals in research activities. The lecture asserts that there are possible alternatives to animals like human tissues, which provide an effective clinical trial to perform experiments and research. Besides, computer simulation is another modern method of determing the effects of medicine and disease; so they can also be a substitute for animals. On the other hand, the article claims that there is no suitable alternative for animals as they are similar in genetic aspect and habits to humans.

Finally, the teacher argues that it is not morally correct to use animals for research as they are subjected to harmful disease conditions and toxic chemicals in the laboratories. Besides, animals also bear a lot of pain during experiments performed on them; so it is not ethical to force animals without getting their consent, which is a highly impossible. Therefore, animals should not be used for research. However, the reading justifies the use of animals for research as they are given proper anesthesia and are kept in proper comfort and healthy environment.

It could be people would have used other methods to develop
It could be possible for people who would have used other methods to develop

Sentence: Besides, computer simulation is another modern method of determing the effects of medicine and disease; so they can also be a substitute for animals.
Error: determing Suggestion: No alternate word